Tottenham eyeing Hiddink as new manager if Villas-Boas gets sacked
London: Guus Hiddink has emerged as the potential replacement for under-fire Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas.
According to the Mirror, Hiddink, 67, has been out of football since July, when he left Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.
Hiddink and former Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes are the names being discussed if the north Londoners needed a short-term appointment to guide them through this season, the report said.
Chairman Daniel Levy is not trigger-happy and hopes Villas-Boas can settle the club`s current problems, the report added.
Hiddink has dealt with senior players throughout his career and got the best out of them, the report further said.
Also, despite Bayern announcing last season that they were recruiting Pep Guardiola as their new coach, 68-year-old Heynckes led them to an historic treble, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...