Tottenham eyeing Hiddink as new manager if Villas-Boas gets sacked
London: Guus Hiddink has emerged as the potential replacement for under-fire Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas.
According to the Mirror, Hiddink, 67, has been out of football since July, when he left Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.
Hiddink and former Bayern Munich coach Jupp Heynckes are the names being discussed if the north Londoners needed a short-term appointment to guide them through this season, the report said.
Chairman Daniel Levy is not trigger-happy and hopes Villas-Boas can settle the club`s current problems, the report added.
Hiddink has dealt with senior players throughout his career and got the best out of them, the report further said.
Also, despite Bayern announcing last season that they were recruiting Pep Guardiola as their new coach, 68-year-old Heynckes led them to an historic treble, according to the report.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory