Tottenham target Leandro Damiao
Porto Alegre: Internacional and Brazil striker Leandro Damiao is a target for English football club Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports in England.
Tottenham`s Portuguese coach, Andre Villas-Boas, told newspaper The Daily Mail that the club has been interested in Damiao since the 2012 Olympic Games in London. The striker scored six goals as Brazil won the silver medal, reports Xinhua.
"He (Damiao) was spectacular during the Olympics. We are after the world`s best young players and Damiao fits this profile," Villas-Boas said.
Also on Tottenham`s wish list is Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian. The player`s performances in this season`s UEFA Champions League for the Ukranian club have alerted some of Europe`s biggest clubs of his talent.
And Villas-Boas made no secret of his desire to see Willian at White Hart Lane.
"We tried to sign him (Willian) in the last transfer window and he continues to interest us. I like his style but we haven`t yet met Shakhtar`s valuation of him. But that doesn`t mean we won`t try again," the Portuguese said.
Shakhtar reportedly want in the region of $30 million for their star player. European champions Chelsea have also expressed an interest in Willian but are also unwilling to pay such a high price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa