U-20 I-League: Prayag United, Salgaocar win
Jamshedpur: Match day seven of the sixth edition of the Under-20 I-League saw two exciting encounters being played at the J.R.D. Tata Sports Complex on Monday.
In the first match, Prayag United defeated a struggling United Sikkim FC 2-1. Prayag United took the lead through a strike from Bidhan Bala in the eighth minute. United Sikkim restored parity with a 33rd minute equaliser through Rabin Tamang.
The score line read 1-1 at the break but Prayag United moved ahead because of a winner in the 78th minute scored by Jagannath Oraow. With this defeat it looks difficult for United Sikkim to proceed in the tournament with a solitary point in its kitty.
In the second match, Salgaocar had an easy outing against Sporting Clube de Goa. Salgaocar won the match with the score sheet reading 2-0 thus ensuring its place in the next round of the league.
Rayman Fernandes opened the account with a 53rd minute strike while Mario Fernandes added on to the score line in the 60th minute. It was more for the heroics of the Sporting goalkeeper Rahul Yadav, the goal tally couldn`t increase in favour of Salgaocar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma