UAE earned the confidence of FIFA: Blatter
Abu Dhabi: FIFA president Joseph Blatter said the UAE is capable of hosting global events of all sports, not just football.
Blatter was quoted by the Swiss media as saying Friday that the UAE has earned the confidence of football`s global governing body once again.
He described the U-17 FIFA World Cup, which was being hosted by the UAE, as wonderful and the matches of the first round of the event as exciting.
"The UAE is a safe country with huge capabilities in terms of management and sport infrastructure qualifying it to be a great sport power," Blatter said.
The 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup is the 15th tournament of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, and is scheduled from Oct 17 to Nov 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves