UEFA bans Ibrahimovic for two matches
Geneva: Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been banned for two matches for challenging opponents.
Ibrahimovic will sit out of the European Champions League quarterfinals first leg if Paris Saint-Germain advances, Xinhua reports.
UEFA extended an automatic one-match sanction for Ibrahimovic`s challenge on Valencia midfielder Andres Guardado in stoppage-time of a last-16, first-leg match this month when PSG won 2-1.
Ibrahimovic was shown a straight red card in stoppage-time in Spain, and was already certain to miss the return leg in Paris March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef