UEFA bans Ibrahimovic for two matches
Geneva: Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been banned for two matches for challenging opponents.
Ibrahimovic will sit out of the European Champions League quarterfinals first leg if Paris Saint-Germain advances, Xinhua reports.
UEFA extended an automatic one-match sanction for Ibrahimovic`s challenge on Valencia midfielder Andres Guardado in stoppage-time of a last-16, first-leg match this month when PSG won 2-1.
Ibrahimovic was shown a straight red card in stoppage-time in Spain, and was already certain to miss the return leg in Paris March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway