UEFA bans Ibrahimovic for two matches
Geneva: Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been banned for two matches for challenging opponents.
Ibrahimovic will sit out of the European Champions League quarterfinals first leg if Paris Saint-Germain advances, Xinhua reports.
UEFA extended an automatic one-match sanction for Ibrahimovic`s challenge on Valencia midfielder Andres Guardado in stoppage-time of a last-16, first-leg match this month when PSG won 2-1.
Ibrahimovic was shown a straight red card in stoppage-time in Spain, and was already certain to miss the return leg in Paris March 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?