UEFA EURO 2012 Trophy unveiled in India
New Delhi: The UEFA EURO 2012 Trophy was on Saturday unveiled at a grand ceremony here in the presence of former India football captain Bhaichung Bhutia.
The trophy, which was brought to India for the first time by official EURO sponsors Carlsberg India Pvt Ltd, was unveiled at the residence of Ambassador of Denmark to India.
It was also displayed at Select City Walk Mall at Saket here after the official unveiling for the fans to get a `once in a lifetime` experience.
To further add to the excitement, Carlsberg India has planned various initiatives to engage with the football fans across the country. Carlsberg India will initiate programmes that will give Indian fans an opportunity to travel to Poland and Ukraine and be a part of the UEFA EURO experience by being at the quarterfinals.
Also, one lucky winner will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to present the `Carlsberg Man of the Match Award` in the UEFA EURO 2012 semifinal match in Poland.
Commenting on the occasion, Subodh Marwah, Director Marketing Carlsberg India, said, "It is a proud moment for Carlsberg India to bring the official UEFA EURO 2012 Trophy and offer an exceptional experience to football enthusiasts across the nation.
"We are extremely pleased and encouraged by the positive response received from the football fans. We are keen to engage with them more through exciting activities planned for the coming months. Through these stimulating initiatives, we will grow the enthusiasm around football and EURO 2012 in India," he said.
The tournament will be held for the first time in Eastern Europe -- in Poland and Ukraine -- from June 8-July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof