UEFA EURO trophy unveiled in city of joy
Kolkata: Indian football icon Baichung Bhutia today unveiled the UEFA EURO 2012 trophy here amid cheer of fans after the West Bengal capital emerged winner of the `Vote to get the trophy to your city` campaign.
Unveiling the trophy, Bhutia said either Spain or Germany was likely to win the championship, scheduled to be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine during June-July this year.
The former Indian captain said he would be looking forward to see the likes of Thomas Muller, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta in action during the much awaited tournament.
Meanwhile, director of marketing of Carlsberg India, the official sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012, Subodh Marwah said it was a great moment for the organisation.
"It is a proud moment for Carlsberg India to bring the official trophy and offer an exceptional experience to football enthusiasts across the nation," Marwah said.
The organisation had earlier last month arranged the campaign for hosting the trophy in eight cities across India, urging fans to vote for their city.
Out of the eight participating cities, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata received maximum votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use