UEFA EURO trophy unveiled in city of joy
Kolkata: Indian football icon Baichung Bhutia today unveiled the UEFA EURO 2012 trophy here amid cheer of fans after the West Bengal capital emerged winner of the `Vote to get the trophy to your city` campaign.
Unveiling the trophy, Bhutia said either Spain or Germany was likely to win the championship, scheduled to be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine during June-July this year.
The former Indian captain said he would be looking forward to see the likes of Thomas Muller, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta in action during the much awaited tournament.
Meanwhile, director of marketing of Carlsberg India, the official sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012, Subodh Marwah said it was a great moment for the organisation.
"It is a proud moment for Carlsberg India to bring the official trophy and offer an exceptional experience to football enthusiasts across the nation," Marwah said.
The organisation had earlier last month arranged the campaign for hosting the trophy in eight cities across India, urging fans to vote for their city.
Out of the eight participating cities, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata received maximum votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city