UEFA EURO trophy unveiled in city of joy
Kolkata: Indian football icon Baichung Bhutia today unveiled the UEFA EURO 2012 trophy here amid cheer of fans after the West Bengal capital emerged winner of the `Vote to get the trophy to your city` campaign.
Unveiling the trophy, Bhutia said either Spain or Germany was likely to win the championship, scheduled to be co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine during June-July this year.
The former Indian captain said he would be looking forward to see the likes of Thomas Muller, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta in action during the much awaited tournament.
Meanwhile, director of marketing of Carlsberg India, the official sponsor of the UEFA EURO 2012, Subodh Marwah said it was a great moment for the organisation.
"It is a proud moment for Carlsberg India to bring the official trophy and offer an exceptional experience to football enthusiasts across the nation," Marwah said.
The organisation had earlier last month arranged the campaign for hosting the trophy in eight cities across India, urging fans to vote for their city.
Out of the eight participating cities, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata received maximum votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Caught on camera: Woman abducted, molested in Bengaluru; one arrested
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?