Valladolid sack coach Sanchez after two months
Madrid: Real Valladolid have sacked coach Onesimo Sanchez after only two months at the helm with the side lying 19th in the 20-team La Liga, the club said on their website on Monday.
Sanchez replaced Jose Luis Mendilibar at the beginning of February but managed to collect only six out of a possible 30 points.
The 2-0 defeat at home to Villarreal on Sunday, when fans barracked the players, left them seven points short of safety with eight games left to play this season.
Sanchez`s assistant Jorge Alonso will take charge until a replacement can be found and the club said they hoped to have the new incumbent in place for Saturday`s trip to face fellow relegation-strugglers Tenerife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters