Van der Vaart set to return against Norwich
London: Tottenham Hotspur forward Rafael van der Vaart looks set to play against Norwich Tuesday night after his hamstring injury proved less serious than first feared.
The 28-year-old Dutch international was substituted at half-time in Thursday`s 1-1 draw against Chelsea, but a subsequent scan showed no tear and he could be in line to play at Carrow Road, Xinhua reported.
"He looks okay," Spurs manager Harry Redknapp said. "He looks like he could be fit.
"We thought he had a hamstring. He went for a scan and it didn`t show a tear.
"I think he probably had cramps, a bit of tightness he felt maybe might go, so he took the precaution of not playing on with it."
Van der Vaart, who trained Sunday and will do so again tomorrow, said, "I think I am going to be fine."
Tottenham have lost just once in their last 14 Barclays Premier League matches to climb to third in the table, but Van der Vaart is not getting too carried away with title talk.
The former Hamburg and Real Madrid man said: "We are third and still have one game in hand. We are playing really good this season, you can see it in the big games, so it is going to be interesting.
"But there is still a long way to go. We have to keep on winning our games and then we will see."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing
- Instead of holidaying in Bangkok, Ravi Shastri should have been physically present for high-profile coach interview: Sourav Ganguly
- Freedom 251: Will Ringing Bells ever deliver the Rs 251 smartphone?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm