Van der Vaart set to return against Norwich
London: Tottenham Hotspur forward Rafael van der Vaart looks set to play against Norwich Tuesday night after his hamstring injury proved less serious than first feared.
The 28-year-old Dutch international was substituted at half-time in Thursday`s 1-1 draw against Chelsea, but a subsequent scan showed no tear and he could be in line to play at Carrow Road, Xinhua reported.
"He looks okay," Spurs manager Harry Redknapp said. "He looks like he could be fit.
"We thought he had a hamstring. He went for a scan and it didn`t show a tear.
"I think he probably had cramps, a bit of tightness he felt maybe might go, so he took the precaution of not playing on with it."
Van der Vaart, who trained Sunday and will do so again tomorrow, said, "I think I am going to be fine."
Tottenham have lost just once in their last 14 Barclays Premier League matches to climb to third in the table, but Van der Vaart is not getting too carried away with title talk.
The former Hamburg and Real Madrid man said: "We are third and still have one game in hand. We are playing really good this season, you can see it in the big games, so it is going to be interesting.
"But there is still a long way to go. We have to keep on winning our games and then we will see."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users