Walker to miss England friendlies due to injury
London: Tottenham Spurs defender Kyle Walker will miss England`s friendlies against Ireland and Brazil this week due to an injury.
Walker suffered a fibula injury during Tottemham`s friendly against Jamaica in the Bahamas Thursday.
"Kyle Walker has withdrawn from the England squad to face Republic of Ireland and Brazil," said a statement Monday.
"Walker reported to St. George`s Park with an injury on Sunday, which was assessed by England`s medical staff. The Tottenham Hotspur defender will be unavailable for the upcoming two matches and has returned to his club. There will be no replacement at this time."
England face Ireland at Wembley Wednesday and Brazil in Rio Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review