Wenger slams Capello for England`s capitulation to France in Wembley friendly
London : Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has launched a scathing attack on England manager Fabio Capello following France`s 2-1 win in the friendly at Wembley.
"This will hurt England, especially the manner of the defeat. Very good players without a very good coach doesn`t work and a very good coach without very good players doesn`t work, either," the Sun quoted Wenger, as saying.We`ve really seen such an apathetic English team and accepting an opponent`s domination when they`re at home is so surprising. It`s despairing. The team was without fight, they really were playing a friendly match," he added.enger was not the only Frenchman to slam Capello, as former France winger David Ginola also criticized the technical ability of the squad.
"This is something you can`t learn now. This is something you have to learn when you are six or seven. They were quite simply not capable of playing football like France. We are in a transitional period, but the England players were still not at their level," Ginola said.
"You have got to get back to basics - and by basics I mean the things you are first taught at the age of six or seven. That is how you learn the skills of the game," he added.
France`s two goals were scored by Karim Benzema and Mathieu Valbuena, while Peter Crouch scored England`s consolation goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing