Wesley Sneijder signs deal with Galatasaray
Istanbul: Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Turkish football club Galatasaray in a ceremony held here after being released from Italian club Inter Milan.
Speaking to the press at the ceremony, the Dutch player said that he was very happy to join Galatasaray and could not wait to play for the team, adding that he is ready to play in the Besiktas derby this weekend if coach agrees.
After a medical examination, Sneijder went to meet with his teammates.
Sneijder joined Inter in 2009 after two seasons with Real Madrid and helped them win the Serie A, Champions League and Italian Cup treble in his first season. He also helped the Netherlands reach the World Cup final in 2010, beating Brazil on the way.
After the transfer to Galatasaray, Sneijder will receive five million euros each year in the three-and-a-half-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today
- President seeks more information on NEET Ordinance