Wesley Sneijder signs deal with Galatasaray
Istanbul: Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Turkish football club Galatasaray in a ceremony held here after being released from Italian club Inter Milan.
Speaking to the press at the ceremony, the Dutch player said that he was very happy to join Galatasaray and could not wait to play for the team, adding that he is ready to play in the Besiktas derby this weekend if coach agrees.
After a medical examination, Sneijder went to meet with his teammates.
Sneijder joined Inter in 2009 after two seasons with Real Madrid and helped them win the Serie A, Champions League and Italian Cup treble in his first season. He also helped the Netherlands reach the World Cup final in 2010, beating Brazil on the way.
After the transfer to Galatasaray, Sneijder will receive five million euros each year in the three-and-a-half-year deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit