WIFA launches AIFF `D` License Coaching Programme
Mumbai: The Western India Football Association, in association with the All India Football Federation, is launching the AIFF `D` License coaching programme, the first of its kind in the country, later this month.
WIFA has planned the first four batches in Mumbai, to be held from October 24 to 29 and would later be spread across the state by the governing body of football in Maharashtra, the association said today through a media release.
The course has been started with the vision of producing 5,000 licensed football coaches across Maharashtra in the next three years.
WIFA CEO Henry Menezes said that the aim was to make it compulsory for all schools, colleges and football clubs in the state to appoint only licensed coaches by 2013.
"We want to make it mandatory for all schools, colleges and football clubs across Maharashtra to appoint licensed coaches for all teams by the year 2013 and discussions in this regard are on with the district associations for implementation," said Menezes.
"At present, there are over 300 clubs and 900 school and college teams in Mumbai. These numbers get multiplied tenfold when we look at other football hubs across Maharashtra such as Pune, Kolhapur , Aurangabad , Nagpur , Ahmednagar, Thane, Akola, etc," he added.
"Our aim is to educate the coaches with proper coaching methods used internationally which will enable them to instill strong football fundamentals at the grassroots. This will result in a larger pool of quality players. For this, we need to have qualified and experienced coaches working with youth and children," added WIFA secretary Souter Vaz.
The `D` license course, to be conducted by AIFF`s instructors, would provide an ideal introduction to football coaching and would be open to any person over 18 years of age having football playing experience, a passion for football, an interest in coaching and the motivation to improve skills and understanding, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre