WIFA launches AIFF `D` License Coaching Programme
Mumbai: The Western India Football Association, in association with the All India Football Federation, is launching the AIFF `D` License coaching programme, the first of its kind in the country, later this month.
WIFA has planned the first four batches in Mumbai, to be held from October 24 to 29 and would later be spread across the state by the governing body of football in Maharashtra, the association said today through a media release.
The course has been started with the vision of producing 5,000 licensed football coaches across Maharashtra in the next three years.
WIFA CEO Henry Menezes said that the aim was to make it compulsory for all schools, colleges and football clubs in the state to appoint only licensed coaches by 2013.
"We want to make it mandatory for all schools, colleges and football clubs across Maharashtra to appoint licensed coaches for all teams by the year 2013 and discussions in this regard are on with the district associations for implementation," said Menezes.
"At present, there are over 300 clubs and 900 school and college teams in Mumbai. These numbers get multiplied tenfold when we look at other football hubs across Maharashtra such as Pune, Kolhapur , Aurangabad , Nagpur , Ahmednagar, Thane, Akola, etc," he added.
"Our aim is to educate the coaches with proper coaching methods used internationally which will enable them to instill strong football fundamentals at the grassroots. This will result in a larger pool of quality players. For this, we need to have qualified and experienced coaches working with youth and children," added WIFA secretary Souter Vaz.
The `D` license course, to be conducted by AIFF`s instructors, would provide an ideal introduction to football coaching and would be open to any person over 18 years of age having football playing experience, a passion for football, an interest in coaching and the motivation to improve skills and understanding, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees