WIFA launches AIFF `D` License Coaching Programme
Mumbai: The Western India Football Association, in association with the All India Football Federation, is launching the AIFF `D` License coaching programme, the first of its kind in the country, later this month.
WIFA has planned the first four batches in Mumbai, to be held from October 24 to 29 and would later be spread across the state by the governing body of football in Maharashtra, the association said today through a media release.
The course has been started with the vision of producing 5,000 licensed football coaches across Maharashtra in the next three years.
WIFA CEO Henry Menezes said that the aim was to make it compulsory for all schools, colleges and football clubs in the state to appoint only licensed coaches by 2013.
"We want to make it mandatory for all schools, colleges and football clubs across Maharashtra to appoint licensed coaches for all teams by the year 2013 and discussions in this regard are on with the district associations for implementation," said Menezes.
"At present, there are over 300 clubs and 900 school and college teams in Mumbai. These numbers get multiplied tenfold when we look at other football hubs across Maharashtra such as Pune, Kolhapur , Aurangabad , Nagpur , Ahmednagar, Thane, Akola, etc," he added.
"Our aim is to educate the coaches with proper coaching methods used internationally which will enable them to instill strong football fundamentals at the grassroots. This will result in a larger pool of quality players. For this, we need to have qualified and experienced coaches working with youth and children," added WIFA secretary Souter Vaz.
The `D` license course, to be conducted by AIFF`s instructors, would provide an ideal introduction to football coaching and would be open to any person over 18 years of age having football playing experience, a passion for football, an interest in coaching and the motivation to improve skills and understanding, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule