Ivory Coast`s Toure in race to be fit for Japan clash
Brasilia: Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure is in a race against time to be fit for their World Cup opener against Japan on Sunday, coach Sabri Lamouchi said.
Toure has not been able to complete a full training session with his team mates since undergoing surgery last month. Lamouchi said Ivory Coast’s medical team had been working hard on trying to get the African Footballer of the Year fit for when the Ivorians open their Group C campaign against Japan in Recife.
"We will try and do everything to ensure he can play him," the coach told reporters on Tuesday. Toure suffered a thigh injury in mid-April but returned to help Manchester City secure the Premier League title for the second time in three years.
He then went to Qatar for treatment and joined up late with the Ivorian squad in their training camp in the U.S. Toure did not play in either of their two warm-up international against Bosnia and El Salvador.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today