Zenit take Russia Premier League title
Moscow: The final round of Russia Premier League concluded as Zenit St. Petersburg clinched the title and Spartak Moscow came in second.
Newly-crowned champions Zenit beat Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Sunday thanks to two second-half goals.
Zenit had already sealed their second consecutive Russian title with three games to spare last month, reported Xinhua.
The result gave Zenit 88 points, a 13-point margin of victory over Spartak, who got the second place.
Spartak beat city rivals Lokomotiv 2-0, which menas they will represent Russia in the UEFA Champions League along with Zenit next season.
Zenit were the 2007 and 2010 champions and the winners of both the 2007/08 UEFA Cup and the 2008 UEFA Super Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah