Zenit take Russia Premier League title
Moscow: The final round of Russia Premier League concluded as Zenit St. Petersburg clinched the title and Spartak Moscow came in second.
Newly-crowned champions Zenit beat Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Sunday thanks to two second-half goals.
Zenit had already sealed their second consecutive Russian title with three games to spare last month, reported Xinhua.
The result gave Zenit 88 points, a 13-point margin of victory over Spartak, who got the second place.
Spartak beat city rivals Lokomotiv 2-0, which menas they will represent Russia in the UEFA Champions League along with Zenit next season.
Zenit were the 2007 and 2010 champions and the winners of both the 2007/08 UEFA Cup and the 2008 UEFA Super Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New forms of HIV can jump from animals to humans
- SC issues notice to EC on plea seeking disqualification of convicted lawmakers
- Kashmir unrest: SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Valley next week
- Miranda Kerr just said 'yes' to Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS groundless: Media