Zenit take Russia Premier League title
Moscow: The final round of Russia Premier League concluded as Zenit St. Petersburg clinched the title and Spartak Moscow came in second.
Newly-crowned champions Zenit beat Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Sunday thanks to two second-half goals.
Zenit had already sealed their second consecutive Russian title with three games to spare last month, reported Xinhua.
The result gave Zenit 88 points, a 13-point margin of victory over Spartak, who got the second place.
Spartak beat city rivals Lokomotiv 2-0, which menas they will represent Russia in the UEFA Champions League along with Zenit next season.
Zenit were the 2007 and 2010 champions and the winners of both the 2007/08 UEFA Cup and the 2008 UEFA Super Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption