Zenit take Russia Premier League title
Moscow: The final round of Russia Premier League concluded as Zenit St. Petersburg clinched the title and Spartak Moscow came in second.
Newly-crowned champions Zenit beat Anzhi Makhachkala 2-0 Sunday thanks to two second-half goals.
Zenit had already sealed their second consecutive Russian title with three games to spare last month, reported Xinhua.
The result gave Zenit 88 points, a 13-point margin of victory over Spartak, who got the second place.
Spartak beat city rivals Lokomotiv 2-0, which menas they will represent Russia in the UEFA Champions League along with Zenit next season.
Zenit were the 2007 and 2010 champions and the winners of both the 2007/08 UEFA Cup and the 2008 UEFA Super Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him