Zidane junior trains with Madrid first team
Madrid (Spain): Enzo Zidane, the 16-year-old son of France great and current Real Madrid director of football Zinedine, trained with the Spanish giants` first-team for the first time on Tuesday.
Enzo, a left-sided midfielder, usually plies his trade with the Juvenile C team in the Madrid youth set-up but on Tuesday he was given the chance to show his worth alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mesut Ozil as coach Jose Mourinho and his father Zinedine watched on.
Enzo, named after Zidane`s hero, the former Uruguay star Enzo Francescoli, was born in France but has spent the past 10 years in the Spanish capital.
His father said last year that he would decide which of the two national teams his son plays for when the teen is called up.
Enzo Zidane had already caught the eye of the coach of Spain`s Under-16 squad last year, but never made it into the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda