Zidane junior trains with Madrid first team
Madrid (Spain): Enzo Zidane, the 16-year-old son of France great and current Real Madrid director of football Zinedine, trained with the Spanish giants` first-team for the first time on Tuesday.
Enzo, a left-sided midfielder, usually plies his trade with the Juvenile C team in the Madrid youth set-up but on Tuesday he was given the chance to show his worth alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Mesut Ozil as coach Jose Mourinho and his father Zinedine watched on.
Enzo, named after Zidane`s hero, the former Uruguay star Enzo Francescoli, was born in France but has spent the past 10 years in the Spanish capital.
His father said last year that he would decide which of the two national teams his son plays for when the teen is called up.
Enzo Zidane had already caught the eye of the coach of Spain`s Under-16 squad last year, but never made it into the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation