Zinedine Zidane to coach Real Madrid cantera
Madrid: Zinedine Zidane will coach one of Real Madrid`s cantera sides while he obtains his coaching qualifications, the Liga champions have announced.
The 40-year-old, who retired from football in 2006, has made no secret of his desire to move into management, having enrolled for the same university course as former France coach Laurent Blanc last year.
Since hanging up his boots, Zidane has worked as an advisor to Madrid president Florentino Perez and coach Jose Mourinho, and he will now assume a new position within the club`s youth academy.
"Zinedine Zidane will begin training to become a coach, while at the same time coach Real Madrid’s youth academy," a club statement read.
"This year he will also complete his team-management qualification, which he started a few months ago.
"That will allow him to formalise his knowledge and training, which will enable him to fulfill an aspiration that he made public in the press conference in which he announced his retirement as a player in April 2006: to work with Real Madrid`s youth academy."
Zidane is expected to replace Alberto Giraldez as head of Madrid`s youth sector, and will be given the task of restructuring the department.
Earlier in the month, France Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet claimed that the retired midfielder `dreams` of coaching Les Bleus in the future, as he sought a replacement for Blanc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Sushma Swaraj lashes out at Nawaz Sharif, says Pakistan will never succeed in making Kashmir a 'terror hell'
- Rajnath begins Kashmir visit, curfew lifted in parts of Valley
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg trumps Lewis Hamilton in Hungaroring chaos
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting