Is it a wise move to scrap the Champions Trophy?
The seventh edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will be the last of its kind. The tournament was started with the aim of generating funds for the developing countries. However, since 1998 -- the year in which the event came into existence – the cricketing world has undergone a sea change with the annual calendar filled with myriad tours and tournaments.
12 teams competed for the trophy once but after being criticised for one-sided matches and low attendance the number of participating teams were reduced to eight.
To meet the new demands and challenges of a packed calendar, the Champions Trophy is being scrapped.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us what you think about the decision to do away with the Champions Trophy?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death