Is it a wise move to scrap the Champions Trophy?
The seventh edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will be the last of its kind. The tournament was started with the aim of generating funds for the developing countries. However, since 1998 -- the year in which the event came into existence – the cricketing world has undergone a sea change with the annual calendar filled with myriad tours and tournaments.
12 teams competed for the trophy once but after being criticised for one-sided matches and low attendance the number of participating teams were reduced to eight.
To meet the new demands and challenges of a packed calendar, the Champions Trophy is being scrapped.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us what you think about the decision to do away with the Champions Trophy?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion