Is it a wise move to scrap the Champions Trophy?
The seventh edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will be the last of its kind. The tournament was started with the aim of generating funds for the developing countries. However, since 1998 -- the year in which the event came into existence – the cricketing world has undergone a sea change with the annual calendar filled with myriad tours and tournaments.
12 teams competed for the trophy once but after being criticised for one-sided matches and low attendance the number of participating teams were reduced to eight.
To meet the new demands and challenges of a packed calendar, the Champions Trophy is being scrapped.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us what you think about the decision to do away with the Champions Trophy?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon