Is it a wise move to scrap the Champions Trophy?
The seventh edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will be the last of its kind. The tournament was started with the aim of generating funds for the developing countries. However, since 1998 -- the year in which the event came into existence – the cricketing world has undergone a sea change with the annual calendar filled with myriad tours and tournaments.
12 teams competed for the trophy once but after being criticised for one-sided matches and low attendance the number of participating teams were reduced to eight.
To meet the new demands and challenges of a packed calendar, the Champions Trophy is being scrapped.
We at Zeenews.com invite you to post your comments and tell us what you think about the decision to do away with the Champions Trophy?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users