Astha leads in Usha Southern India Ladies golf
Bengaluru: Astha Madan carded an even-par 72 to start her campaign on a confident note in the Usha Southern India Ladies golf tournament, here on Monday.
Continuing her strong progress on the Usha IGU Ladies circuit this season, Astha Madan made a superb start as she had four birdies, including three in a row from 10th to 12th, at the 6118-yard KGA Course.
Astha, fourth at last weeks Usha Karnataka Ladies golf, had contrasting fortunes on the two parts of the course. On the front nine, she was three-over with bogeys on fifth, seventh and eighth, while she birdied 10th, 11th and 12th and again the 15th, before a bogey on 18th.
Amrita Anand, who also competes for honours in Category B, was lying second with a card 73 and she shared the place with Gauri Monga, who was third last week.
Three players Tvesa Malik, Gursimar Badwal and Raksha Phadke shared the fourth place with rounds of 74 each.
One of the surprises of the first round was the performance of Gurbani Singh, winner of both the events in Ladies section so far.
Gurbani, winner of the Usha Army Ladies event and Usha Karnataka Open, shot 75 to be tied ninth, while Aditi Ashok, who was runner-up to Gurbani on both occasions was 10th with a card of 76.
Both Amrita and Gauri had two birdies and three bogeys each. Gurbani and Aditi also had two birdies each, but dropped a bunch of bogeys to fall behind.
Astha (72) and Tvesa (74) led the field in Category A, while Amrita (73) and Sachika Singh (80) led the Category B.
In Category C, Sifat Sagoo was in the lead with a round of 83, while Sahana Parvantavida was second at 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi