Atwal, Chopra miss cut in Puerto Rico
Rio Grande (Puerto Rico): Arjun Atwal missed yet another cut, failing to make the weekend rounds by one shot at the Puerto Rico Open.
The first Indian to win on the PGA Tour is continuing to struggle as he shot an even par 72 to total 146 and the cut came at 145.
Atwal had four birdies and an equal number of bogeys. His birdies came on second, sixth, 15th and 18th and the bogeys came on seventh, eighth, 13th and 17th. This is the seventh missed cut in a row for Atwal.
Also missing out on weekend action was Daniel Chopra (74) and he totaled 147.
Matt Jones (67) opened a three-shot lead over George McNeil (70) at the midway stage after a windy second day. Jones was 11-under and McNeil at eight-under.
Japanese Ryo Ishikawa rallied on second day with a 67 and was tied third with Todd Hamilton (69) at seven-under 137.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state