Atwal, Chopra miss cut in Puerto Rico
Rio Grande (Puerto Rico): Arjun Atwal missed yet another cut, failing to make the weekend rounds by one shot at the Puerto Rico Open.
The first Indian to win on the PGA Tour is continuing to struggle as he shot an even par 72 to total 146 and the cut came at 145.
Atwal had four birdies and an equal number of bogeys. His birdies came on second, sixth, 15th and 18th and the bogeys came on seventh, eighth, 13th and 17th. This is the seventh missed cut in a row for Atwal.
Also missing out on weekend action was Daniel Chopra (74) and he totaled 147.
Matt Jones (67) opened a three-shot lead over George McNeil (70) at the midway stage after a windy second day. Jones was 11-under and McNeil at eight-under.
Japanese Ryo Ishikawa rallied on second day with a 67 and was tied third with Todd Hamilton (69) at seven-under 137.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli