Atwal continues to struggle in US
Scottsdale (Arizona): Arjun Atwal, who is yet to make a cut this season on the PGA Tour, continued to struggle as he shot four-over 75 in the first round of the Phoenix Open on the US PGA Tour.
Atwal, the first-ever Indian winner on the PGA Tour, started on the 10th and had five bogeys and just one birdie on the 15th. He was lying 122nd and in danger of missing yet another cut.
Ryan Palmer grabbed the lead with 7-under 64 in the partially completed first round. Webb Simpson was a stroke back on the Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale.
The start of the round was delayed an hour because of frost, and play was suspended because of darkness at 6:05 p.m. with 42 players unable to finish the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users