Atwal continues to struggle in US
Scottsdale (Arizona): Arjun Atwal, who is yet to make a cut this season on the PGA Tour, continued to struggle as he shot four-over 75 in the first round of the Phoenix Open on the US PGA Tour.
Atwal, the first-ever Indian winner on the PGA Tour, started on the 10th and had five bogeys and just one birdie on the 15th. He was lying 122nd and in danger of missing yet another cut.
Ryan Palmer grabbed the lead with 7-under 64 in the partially completed first round. Webb Simpson was a stroke back on the Stadium Course at TPC Scottsdale.
The start of the round was delayed an hour because of frost, and play was suspended because of darkness at 6:05 p.m. with 42 players unable to finish the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt