Atwal makes up with four-under 68 on second day
La Quinta (California): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal made up for his first day lapses with a fine four-under 68 that helped him move up to tied 60th on the leaderboard at the Humana Challenge here.
Atwal, who had a 70 in the first round, opened with a birdie on the first and followed it up with two more on seventh and ninth to turn in three-under.
Bogeys on 10th and 13th threatened to derail his challenge before birdies on the 14th, 16th and 17th ensured he was four-under for the day and six-under for two days.
Mark Wilson, who was eight-under through 11 holes, posted a career-best 10-under 62. He was incidentally playing with Harrison Frazar, who in the past has shot 59.
Wilson now shares the lead with Ben Crane (65) and David Toms (63) at 16-under 128 after 36 holes as low scores continued to dominate the tournament.
But the day`s best score was a 11-under 61 from Ryan Moore, who tied the course record at the Nicklaus course. The tournament is played on three courses, the Nicklaus Private, Palmer West and Palm Springs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony