Atwal makes up with four-under 68 on second day
La Quinta (California): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal made up for his first day lapses with a fine four-under 68 that helped him move up to tied 60th on the leaderboard at the Humana Challenge here.
Atwal, who had a 70 in the first round, opened with a birdie on the first and followed it up with two more on seventh and ninth to turn in three-under.
Bogeys on 10th and 13th threatened to derail his challenge before birdies on the 14th, 16th and 17th ensured he was four-under for the day and six-under for two days.
Mark Wilson, who was eight-under through 11 holes, posted a career-best 10-under 62. He was incidentally playing with Harrison Frazar, who in the past has shot 59.
Wilson now shares the lead with Ben Crane (65) and David Toms (63) at 16-under 128 after 36 holes as low scores continued to dominate the tournament.
But the day`s best score was a 11-under 61 from Ryan Moore, who tied the course record at the Nicklaus course. The tournament is played on three courses, the Nicklaus Private, Palmer West and Palm Springs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan