Atwal makes up with four-under 68 on second day
La Quinta (California): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal made up for his first day lapses with a fine four-under 68 that helped him move up to tied 60th on the leaderboard at the Humana Challenge here.
Atwal, who had a 70 in the first round, opened with a birdie on the first and followed it up with two more on seventh and ninth to turn in three-under.
Bogeys on 10th and 13th threatened to derail his challenge before birdies on the 14th, 16th and 17th ensured he was four-under for the day and six-under for two days.
Mark Wilson, who was eight-under through 11 holes, posted a career-best 10-under 62. He was incidentally playing with Harrison Frazar, who in the past has shot 59.
Wilson now shares the lead with Ben Crane (65) and David Toms (63) at 16-under 128 after 36 holes as low scores continued to dominate the tournament.
But the day`s best score was a 11-under 61 from Ryan Moore, who tied the course record at the Nicklaus course. The tournament is played on three courses, the Nicklaus Private, Palmer West and Palm Springs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender