Bhullar finishes 57th, Frenchman Levy wins Volvo China Open
Shenzhen: Gaganjeet Bhullar had a tame finish with a final round of 75 that had three bogeys on either side and just three birdies overall at the Volvo China Open.
Bhullar with one-over 289 was tied 57th after being close to top-20 at one stage of the tournament.
Earlier, Shiv Kapur and Jeev Milkha Singh missed the cut after the second round.
Meanwhile Alexander Levy produced a brilliant birdie-birdie finish to claim a stunning breakthrough victory.
The 23 year old Frenchman, who took control of the tournament with a stunning course record 10-under par 62 on Friday at the Genzon Golf Club in Shenzhen, double bogeyed the 15th hole of the final round to see his lead cut to just one stroke, but he stamped his name all over the trophy with a
fearless birdie-birdie finish to cruise to victory.
England`s Tommy Fleetwood carded a four under 68 to take second spot, with Alvaro Quiros two shots further back in third place.
World Number Three Henrik Stenson shot a final round 65 to surge to a tie for fifth with his Ryder
Cup team mate Ian Poulter (67) and Denmark`s Anders Hansen (63), but the day undoubtedly belonged to Levy who announced his arrival on the global stage in remarkable fashion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state