Bhullar makes cut, Jeev misses out in Spain
Girona: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar produced a strong finish to retrieve himself from a hopeless position in the second round and make the cut at the Open de Espana here.
Bhullar, who shot 71 on first day to lie 18th, was six-over through 10 holes for the second round and looked certain to make an early exit.
But he hauled himself back with an eagle on 12th and birdies on 15th and 17th for a round of 74 and at one-over 145 he was tied 26th, down eight places. Bhullar had six bogeys in first 10 holes.
However, Jeev Milkha Singh`s wretched run continued as he carded an error-filled 78 and crashed out at five-over 149.
Jeev stumbled to seven bogeys and just one birdie.
Belgian Thomas Pieters, a Qualifying School graduate, claimed the halfway lead at the PGA Catalunya Resort.
The 22-year-old who made the main Tour through the school at this very venue overcame three bogeys in his first four holes to record a second consecutive 69.
Pieters, who was eighth in Malaysia last month, is now six-under, one ahead of first round leader Eddie Pepperell and Dutchman Joost Luiten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery