Bhullar makes cut, Jeev misses out in Spain
Girona: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar produced a strong finish to retrieve himself from a hopeless position in the second round and make the cut at the Open de Espana here.
Bhullar, who shot 71 on first day to lie 18th, was six-over through 10 holes for the second round and looked certain to make an early exit.
But he hauled himself back with an eagle on 12th and birdies on 15th and 17th for a round of 74 and at one-over 145 he was tied 26th, down eight places. Bhullar had six bogeys in first 10 holes.
However, Jeev Milkha Singh`s wretched run continued as he carded an error-filled 78 and crashed out at five-over 149.
Jeev stumbled to seven bogeys and just one birdie.
Belgian Thomas Pieters, a Qualifying School graduate, claimed the halfway lead at the PGA Catalunya Resort.
The 22-year-old who made the main Tour through the school at this very venue overcame three bogeys in his first four holes to record a second consecutive 69.
Pieters, who was eighth in Malaysia last month, is now six-under, one ahead of first round leader Eddie Pepperell and Dutchman Joost Luiten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why