Bhullar to spearhead Indian challenge in Johor Open
Johor Bahru: Asian Tour hot shot Gaganjeet Bhullar will spearhead the Indian challenge in the Iskandar Johor Open golf tournament here from October 22.
Apart from Bhullar, Thai rising star Chinnarat Phadungsil and Korean Noh Seung-yul are set to display their growing emergence when they compete in the event.
Bhullar, who won his maiden Asian Tour title at the Indonesia President Invitational in July, will be aiming for redemption in Johor. Last year, he led after the second round but failed to hang on to his lead in what is the second richest tournament in Malaysia.
The 21-year-old has been in terrific form this year with one victory and three second place finishes on the Asian Tour this season and currently lies in sixth position on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
He has also won five times on the Indian circuit this year.
The supremely talented trio of Bhullar, Phadungsil and Seung-yul will go head-to-head against defending champion Retief Goosen of South Africa and Asian Tour honorary member K J Choi of Korea at the USD one million event at the Royal Johor Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'