Bhullar to spearhead Indian challenge in Johor Open
Johor Bahru: Asian Tour hot shot Gaganjeet Bhullar will spearhead the Indian challenge in the Iskandar Johor Open golf tournament here from October 22.
Apart from Bhullar, Thai rising star Chinnarat Phadungsil and Korean Noh Seung-yul are set to display their growing emergence when they compete in the event.
Bhullar, who won his maiden Asian Tour title at the Indonesia President Invitational in July, will be aiming for redemption in Johor. Last year, he led after the second round but failed to hang on to his lead in what is the second richest tournament in Malaysia.
The 21-year-old has been in terrific form this year with one victory and three second place finishes on the Asian Tour this season and currently lies in sixth position on the Asian Tour Order of Merit.
He has also won five times on the Indian circuit this year.
The supremely talented trio of Bhullar, Phadungsil and Seung-yul will go head-to-head against defending champion Retief Goosen of South Africa and Asian Tour honorary member K J Choi of Korea at the USD one million event at the Royal Johor Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!