Chowrasia aims to regain form in WGC-HSBC Championship
Shanghai: SSP Chowrasia might have missed 10 consecutive cuts since winning the Avantha Masters on home soil but the Indian golfer says it is only a matter of time before he hits top form again.
Chowrasia, currently leading the Asian Tour Order of Merit, is hopeful that he can regain his winning form when the WGC-HSBC Championship tees off at the Sheshan International Golf Club on Thursday.
"I don`t deny that my form has been down for the past few months. However, I`ve been spending a lot of time working on my game back home and I feel that it`s getting better now," said Chowrasia.
While the earnings at the WGC-HSBC Champions do not count towards the Asian Tour Order of Merit this week, Chowrasia is determined to return to his winning ways as they will provide him with the confidence to cement his place at the summit.
"My goal for the year is to finish on top of the Asian Tour Order of Merit so that I can get to play in all the Asian Tour events. I`m aware of the pressure as many players will be aiming to overtake me. But that`s alright. I`ll just play my own game and hopefully it`ll be good enough to seal top spot," said the Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug