Chowrasia aims to regain form in WGC-HSBC Championship
Shanghai: SSP Chowrasia might have missed 10 consecutive cuts since winning the Avantha Masters on home soil but the Indian golfer says it is only a matter of time before he hits top form again.
Chowrasia, currently leading the Asian Tour Order of Merit, is hopeful that he can regain his winning form when the WGC-HSBC Championship tees off at the Sheshan International Golf Club on Thursday.
"I don`t deny that my form has been down for the past few months. However, I`ve been spending a lot of time working on my game back home and I feel that it`s getting better now," said Chowrasia.
While the earnings at the WGC-HSBC Champions do not count towards the Asian Tour Order of Merit this week, Chowrasia is determined to return to his winning ways as they will provide him with the confidence to cement his place at the summit.
"My goal for the year is to finish on top of the Asian Tour Order of Merit so that I can get to play in all the Asian Tour events. I`m aware of the pressure as many players will be aiming to overtake me. But that`s alright. I`ll just play my own game and hopefully it`ll be good enough to seal top spot," said the Indian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony