Chowrasia lone Indian to make cut at Wales Open
Cardiff: SSP Chowrasia was the lone Indian golfer to make the cut at the ISPS Handa Wales Open after Jeev Milkha Singh and Shiv Kapur fell by the wayside at the halfway mark of the tournament here.
Chowrasia, a two-time winner on European Tour but winless since 2011, shot one-under 70 and was even-par for two rounds. He was lying 20th at the end of the second round.
Shiv Kapur (72-77) and Jeev Milkha Singh (76-75) missed the cut, which fell at four-over 146.
In the third round, Chowrasia found a birdie on the very first hole and moved inside top-15, but had 16 more holes to play.
Home favourite Liam Bond took full advantage of his late call-up by taking the lead at The Celtic Manor Resort.
The Welshman was one of the few under par players from round one to shoot better than 71 again on a firm course.
Bond went one better than the first round`s two-under 69 as birdies on fifth, eighth, 11th, 14th and 15th more than made up for bogeys at the seventh and 18th.
He subsequently ended a stroke ahead of overnight leader Espen Kofstad, who followed up his 64 with a disappointing 74.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door