Chowrasia shoots one-under; moves up to 19th
George (South Africa): India`s lone representative at the Volvo Golf Champions, SSP Chowrasia, managed to hold on with a highly creditable one-under 72 in conditions that were at their worst at the Fancourt in South Africa.
He is now one-under 218 for three days and in tied 19th place up from overnight 27th.
Chowrasia`s 72 at the par-73 Fancourt Links included six birdies and five bogeys and was one of the few under-par scores on the day. His start was horrendous with three bogeys on the trot, but he grabbed birdied on sixth, seventh and ninth to turn in even par.
Bogeys on 10th and 12th again put him in a poor position, before birdies on 13th, 15th and 16th again saved the day for him.
The leader was Branden Grace, winner in Joburg last week, and he was one-under for the day with two holes left. At 10-under, Nicolas Colaserts (69) was second and Retief Goosen (70) and Charl Schwartzel (68) were tied third.
Masters Tournament winner Schwartzel defied the foul conditions to move into contention as he carded a five-under 68 that included a front nine of 32 with two birdies and an eagle.
Spaniard Pablo Martin failed to break 90 in the wind and rain as three others Colin Montgomerie (80), Kenneth Ferrie (80) and Thomas Levet (82) also had a rough time.
Open Champion Darren Clarke, however, bogeyed the first three holes but birdied three of the last four, finishing the day at even par to stay at four-under for the tournament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive