Chowrasia shoots one-under; moves up to 19th
George (South Africa): India`s lone representative at the Volvo Golf Champions, SSP Chowrasia, managed to hold on with a highly creditable one-under 72 in conditions that were at their worst at the Fancourt in South Africa.
He is now one-under 218 for three days and in tied 19th place up from overnight 27th.
Chowrasia`s 72 at the par-73 Fancourt Links included six birdies and five bogeys and was one of the few under-par scores on the day. His start was horrendous with three bogeys on the trot, but he grabbed birdied on sixth, seventh and ninth to turn in even par.
Bogeys on 10th and 12th again put him in a poor position, before birdies on 13th, 15th and 16th again saved the day for him.
The leader was Branden Grace, winner in Joburg last week, and he was one-under for the day with two holes left. At 10-under, Nicolas Colaserts (69) was second and Retief Goosen (70) and Charl Schwartzel (68) were tied third.
Masters Tournament winner Schwartzel defied the foul conditions to move into contention as he carded a five-under 68 that included a front nine of 32 with two birdies and an eagle.
Spaniard Pablo Martin failed to break 90 in the wind and rain as three others Colin Montgomerie (80), Kenneth Ferrie (80) and Thomas Levet (82) also had a rough time.
Open Champion Darren Clarke, however, bogeyed the first three holes but birdied three of the last four, finishing the day at even par to stay at four-under for the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read