Creamer targets June return from thumb surgery
London: Former world number two Paula Creamer, who had surgery last month to repair ligament damage in her left thumb, plans to return to the LPGA Tour in June.
The 23-year-old American, an eight-times champion on the US-based circuit, had a cast removed by her surgeon on Monday and will consult him again next week before starting physiotherapy sessions.
"I`m ... excited to get started on the therapy with an eye on returning to play sometime in June," Creamer said on Wednesday in a statement released by her management company.
"I know that having the surgery was the right thing to do for the long term, so my focus right now is working hard at rehab and coming back fully healthy. I can`t wait."
Creamer, the world number 11 whose ranking has slipped from sixth at the end of last year, has played only one round on the LPGA Tour this season. She opened with a 69 at the Honda LPGA Thailand in February before being forced to withdraw.
She then pulled out of the next three events on the schedule, including this month`s Kraft Nabisco Championship at Rancho Mirage, the opening major of the season.
Creamer failed to win a single title on the 2009 LPGA Tour, despite recording 10 top-10 finishes, while struggling to fend off a mystery stomach ailment.
The previous year, she triumphed four times on the circuit, becoming the fastest LPGA Tour player ever to pass the USD 4 and USD 5 million mark in career earnings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why