Delhi boy wins Special Olympics Asia Pacific Golf Trophy
New Delhi: Delhi boy Ranveer Saini won two gold medals and a trophy at the Special Olympics Asia Pacific Golf International held in Macau.
The youngest delegate at the event, 12-year-old Ranveer represented India at the April 22-27 event and bagged three out of four prizes at the Level 1 and 2 competitions.
Ranveer now gets an automatic card entry to the World Special Olympics to be held in Los Angeles.
The Special Olympics Golf International in Macau saw participation of 47 athletes with intellectual disabilities and 27 coaches from 12 countries, including those from Great Britain, Australia, Austria, South Africa, Brunei, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, India and Hong Kong.
This was the first time Special Olympics Bharat has competed in the golf tournament and Ranveer was the only athlete from India.
Congratulating Ranveer for his performance, Special Olympics Bharat Chairman, Air Marshall Denzil Keelor said, "We are so proud of this little boy`s performance in an elite game like Golf. He has done us all proud. All credit must be given to his parents for nurturing his talent and his confidence without letting his disability come in the way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today