Delhi boy wins Special Olympics Asia Pacific Golf Trophy
New Delhi: Delhi boy Ranveer Saini won two gold medals and a trophy at the Special Olympics Asia Pacific Golf International held in Macau.
The youngest delegate at the event, 12-year-old Ranveer represented India at the April 22-27 event and bagged three out of four prizes at the Level 1 and 2 competitions.
Ranveer now gets an automatic card entry to the World Special Olympics to be held in Los Angeles.
The Special Olympics Golf International in Macau saw participation of 47 athletes with intellectual disabilities and 27 coaches from 12 countries, including those from Great Britain, Australia, Austria, South Africa, Brunei, Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, China, India and Hong Kong.
This was the first time Special Olympics Bharat has competed in the golf tournament and Ranveer was the only athlete from India.
Congratulating Ranveer for his performance, Special Olympics Bharat Chairman, Air Marshall Denzil Keelor said, "We are so proud of this little boy`s performance in an elite game like Golf. He has done us all proud. All credit must be given to his parents for nurturing his talent and his confidence without letting his disability come in the way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested