England``s Lynn storms to victory in Portugal
Lisbon: England`s David Lynn came back from six shots off the pace to win his first European Tour event in nearly a decade at the Portugal Masters on Sunday.
Lynn, who was runner-up to Rory McIlroy at the 2012 PGA Championship, made nine birdies and a bogey to record an eight-under par 63 and claim his first victory since the 2004 Dutch Open with an 18 under par total of 266.
The 39-year-old started the fourth round in 16th place before setting himself up for a strong finish with five birdies on the front nine.
South Africa`s Justin Walters was one shot behind Lynn in second spot at the Oceanico Victoria course in Vilamoura, while Stephen Gallacher of Scotland, Austria`s Bernd Wiesberger and overnight leader Paul Waring of England finished two behind the leader.
Scotland`s Scott Jamieson failed to back up his stunning third-round of 60, suffering three bogies on the back nine for a one-over par 72 to fade to a tie for 13th.
The Scot became just the 17th player to shoot a 60 on the European Tour and went close to becoming the first player to shoot a `magical 59` when he narrowly missed the cup on the 18th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad