England``s Lynn storms to victory in Portugal
Lisbon: England`s David Lynn came back from six shots off the pace to win his first European Tour event in nearly a decade at the Portugal Masters on Sunday.
Lynn, who was runner-up to Rory McIlroy at the 2012 PGA Championship, made nine birdies and a bogey to record an eight-under par 63 and claim his first victory since the 2004 Dutch Open with an 18 under par total of 266.
The 39-year-old started the fourth round in 16th place before setting himself up for a strong finish with five birdies on the front nine.
South Africa`s Justin Walters was one shot behind Lynn in second spot at the Oceanico Victoria course in Vilamoura, while Stephen Gallacher of Scotland, Austria`s Bernd Wiesberger and overnight leader Paul Waring of England finished two behind the leader.
Scotland`s Scott Jamieson failed to back up his stunning third-round of 60, suffering three bogies on the back nine for a one-over par 72 to fade to a tie for 13th.
The Scot became just the 17th player to shoot a 60 on the European Tour and went close to becoming the first player to shoot a `magical 59` when he narrowly missed the cup on the 18th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside