Five Indians in top-10 of Asian Tour Order of Merit
New Delhi: Indian professional golfers are
currently ruling the roost on the Asian Tour Order of Merit
with as many as five Indians placed inside the top-10, thanks
to their exceptional performances in the first quarter of the
SSP Chowrasia maintains his stranglehold on the Order of
Merit where he has a comfortable lead with a earnings of USD
410,077. Chowrasia won the prestigious Avantha Masters on home
soil in February and followed that up with a tied 12th finish
at the Panasonic Open last week.
Sujjan Singh sits in second place with earnings of USD
97,326. Sujjan came through the Asian Tour Qualifying School
this year and thereafter made a major impact with a tied fifth
finish at the Avantha Masters and a tied 19th result at the
Anirban Lahiri fulfilled his potential as one of India`s
rising stars when he won the Panasonic Open by defeating
countryman Manav Jaini and Singaporean veteran Mardan Mamat in
a three-way play-off at the Delhi Golf Club last week.
The 23-year-old`s maiden international triumph pushed him
up to fifth place on the Asian Tour Order of Merit with a
season haul of USD 57,720.
Shiv Kapur lies in seventh position on the Order of Merit
with earnings of USD 51,538, courtesy a tied ninth finish at
the Avantha Masters.
Manav Jaini has produced two brilliant performances this
season to occupy the 10th place. Jaini, who claimed tied third
position at the Indian Open last year, was the joint runner-up
at the recently concluded Panasonic Open and also secured
fourth place at the SAIL Open last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read