Five Indians in top-10 of Asian Tour Order of Merit
New Delhi: Indian professional golfers are
currently ruling the roost on the Asian Tour Order of Merit
with as many as five Indians placed inside the top-10, thanks
to their exceptional performances in the first quarter of the
SSP Chowrasia maintains his stranglehold on the Order of
Merit where he has a comfortable lead with a earnings of USD
410,077. Chowrasia won the prestigious Avantha Masters on home
soil in February and followed that up with a tied 12th finish
at the Panasonic Open last week.
Sujjan Singh sits in second place with earnings of USD
97,326. Sujjan came through the Asian Tour Qualifying School
this year and thereafter made a major impact with a tied fifth
finish at the Avantha Masters and a tied 19th result at the
Anirban Lahiri fulfilled his potential as one of India`s
rising stars when he won the Panasonic Open by defeating
countryman Manav Jaini and Singaporean veteran Mardan Mamat in
a three-way play-off at the Delhi Golf Club last week.
The 23-year-old`s maiden international triumph pushed him
up to fifth place on the Asian Tour Order of Merit with a
season haul of USD 57,720.
Shiv Kapur lies in seventh position on the Order of Merit
with earnings of USD 51,538, courtesy a tied ninth finish at
the Avantha Masters.
Manav Jaini has produced two brilliant performances this
season to occupy the 10th place. Jaini, who claimed tied third
position at the Indian Open last year, was the joint runner-up
at the recently concluded Panasonic Open and also secured
fourth place at the SAIL Open last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow