Gangjee misses cut by one shot in Mexico
Leon (Mexico): A string of bogeys and a double bogey spoilt Rahil Gangjee`s card as he missed the cut by one shot in the Mexico Open, here.
Gangjee, who had a first round 71, was two shots away from the cut with two holes left. He birdied the eighth and and needed another birdie on his closing hole, the ninth, but managed only a par and exited.
Overall Gangjee had five bogeys, four birdies and a double bogey on the first, his tenth hole of the day.
Tag Ridings, who had splits of 38 for the front nine and 31 for the back nine, carded 69 and moved to the top at nine-under.
He was followed by Paul Haley II, who had a three-putt bogey on the ninth, his closing hole for a card of 71. Also tied for second were Ryan Armour (72) and Lee Williams (67) at eight-under 136 one behind leader Ridings (66-69).
Ridings, whose best finish this season is a tie for 18th at the Chitimacha Louisiana Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway