iGATE CEO Cup event to have world`s largest gold trophy
Bangalore: The inaugural edition of iGATE CEO Cup Golf tournament, featuring the CEOs of 2000 companies based in North America, will have the world`s largest gold sports trophy designed by a Jaipur-based sculptor up for grabs.
Amit diamonds and rubys.
It will be larger than the iconic FIFA World Cup trophy, according to iGATE.
The FIFA World Cup trophy -- 14.4 inches tall, weighing of five kg gold -- is currently the largest gold trophy.
Pabuwal has designed the 21 inch tall trophy that weighs 8.6 kg and is embellished with
"It is a premier event and we should have a trophy a CEO will be proud to lift. Pabuwal is distinguished for his work creating one-of-a-kind trophies. He holds the world`s highest credentials in trophy making while crafting several world cups, acclaimed for design and workmanship. He designed the world`s first Guinness world-record trophy Trilok Rachna", said Phaneesh Murthy, CEO, iGATE.
The inaugural edition of this tournament will be played in Florida, US on January 12-13 next year.
The organisers have invited CEOs to compete for a USD 100,000 purse entirely donated to the charities chosen by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player