Indians fumble in opening round of Queens` Cup
Samui (Thailand): None of the eight Indians
in fray could return a sub-card and Rahil Gangjee`s two-over
73, which placed him tied 31st, turned out to be the best of
the lot in the opening round of the Queen`s Cup golf
tournament here on Thursday.
It was a dismal show by the Indian contingent at the
Samui Country Club, where Himmat Rai and Anirban Lahiri shared
the 44th place after carding identical 74s.
Trailing them from one shot behind at the 58th place were
Digvijay Singh and Mandeo Pathania.
Further three shots behind was Vikrant Chopra with Firoz
Ali (80) and Gaurav Pratap Singh (82) further down the
leaderboard with no real prospects of making the cut.
Thai veteran Prayad Marksaeng fired a six-under 65 to
open up a two-stroke lead over Bangladesh pro Siddikur, who is
a regular in the Indian Tour events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news