Jeev, Muniyappa for Avantha Masters
New Delhi: A fit-again Jeev Milkha Singh and Indian Open champion C Muniyappa will spearhead the home challenge in a star-studded field of the European, Asian and PGTI tri-sanctioned Avantha Masters golf tournament from February 11 to 14.
The strong line-up in the USD 2.1 million event also includes Chinese star Liang Wen-chong, Thai duo Thaworn Wiratchant and Chapchai Nirat, who is returning to India after establishing a new world 72-hole scoring record with a stunning 32-under 256 last year.
Marcus Both of Australia, winner of the 2009 Johnnie Walker Cambodian Open, and Filipino Angelo Que, the 2008 Philippine Open winner, will also be in the title mix.
Jeev, who welcomed the arrival of his first child last month, is hoping to make it a double celebration with a victory on home soil at the Avantha Masters.
"I am sure this is going to have a huge impact on my game, and I am sure it will be for the better. The arrival of the baby will surely give me some added motivation," said Jeev, who was Asia`s number one in 2006 and 2008.
Currently ranked 61st in the world, Jeev will be aiming for victory to boost his chances of breaking into the world`s top-50 by the end of March, which will be rewarded with an invitation to the Masters Tournament, the year`s first Major.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!