Jeev only Indian to make cut at Scottish Open
Glasgow: Jeev Milkha Singh managed to make the cut despite returning a four-over 75 but fortune of the other Indians in fray took a massive tumble as they fell by the wayside after the second round of the Barclays Scottish Open golf tournament here.
Despite pulling off just one birdie against five bogeys, Jeev managed to make the cut and stands tied 43rd with a two-day total of one-over 143, couple of shots above the cutline.
However, the troika of Shiv Kapur, Jyoti Randhawa and SSP Chowrasia missed the cut for weekend action after turning identical cards of 76 in the second round.
Off to an ominous start by stumbling to a bogey on the first hole itself, Jeev was one-over at the turn after making pars in the remaining eight holes of his front nine.
The back-nine was disastrous as he dropped four strokes against just one birdie to round off a disappointing day.
But even worse were Randhawa, Kapur and Chowrasia. While Kapur picked up just one birdie against three bogeys and a double bogey, Randhawa endured an equally tough day with six bogeys and a birdie.
Chowrasia`s round was not any different as he stumbled to four bogeys and a double bogey against a birdie.
At the top, Darren Clarke (67) leads the pack by three strokes with a total of 10-under 132, while Edoardo Molinari (69) holds the second spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’