Jeev only Indian to make cut at Scottish Open
Glasgow: Jeev Milkha Singh managed to make the cut despite returning a four-over 75 but fortune of the other Indians in fray took a massive tumble as they fell by the wayside after the second round of the Barclays Scottish Open golf tournament here.
Despite pulling off just one birdie against five bogeys, Jeev managed to make the cut and stands tied 43rd with a two-day total of one-over 143, couple of shots above the cutline.
However, the troika of Shiv Kapur, Jyoti Randhawa and SSP Chowrasia missed the cut for weekend action after turning identical cards of 76 in the second round.
Off to an ominous start by stumbling to a bogey on the first hole itself, Jeev was one-over at the turn after making pars in the remaining eight holes of his front nine.
The back-nine was disastrous as he dropped four strokes against just one birdie to round off a disappointing day.
But even worse were Randhawa, Kapur and Chowrasia. While Kapur picked up just one birdie against three bogeys and a double bogey, Randhawa endured an equally tough day with six bogeys and a birdie.
Chowrasia`s round was not any different as he stumbled to four bogeys and a double bogey against a birdie.
At the top, Darren Clarke (67) leads the pack by three strokes with a total of 10-under 132, while Edoardo Molinari (69) holds the second spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy