Jimin Kang wins Sime Darby LPGA
Kuala Lumpur: Jimin Kang won the Sime Darby LPGA for her second LPGA Tour title, beating Juli Inkster by a stroke Sunday when the 50-year-old Hall of Famer bogeyed the final hole. Kang, the 30-year-old South Korean player, birdied the par-4 18th for a 6-under 65 and a 9-under total at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
Inkster birdied Nos. 15-17 to take the lead, but couldn`t hold on in her bid to break the LPGA Tour age record of 46 years, 8 months set by Beth Daniel in the 2003 Canadian Women`s Open.
Inkster finished with her second straight 67. Sweden`s Maria Hjorth (71) and Japan`s Mika Miyazato (69) tied for third at 6 under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match