Kolkata to host first-ever Hero Women`s pro event
Kolkata: Kolkata`s Royal Calcutta Golf Club joins the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour with its first ever pro event, which will feature top ladies golfers of the country vying for a purse of Rs Three lakhs in the tenth leg of the Tour here on Tuesday.
Though Sharmila Nicollet is away playing in New Zealand in her first European Tour event since achieving her Tour card last month, the top names Simi Mehra, Neha Tripathi, Nalini Singh Siwach and Vandana Agarwal will tee off here tomorrow. Shraddhanjali Singh will also be back this week.
The event has been made possible by Aveek Sarkar and Smriti Mehra, who hails from the city and the club.
The 6,151 yards long course set up by Capt Nalin Kant has been recieved well by the players. The weather and course conditions have been perfect for golf.
The players have a lot to play for as the top two on annual Hero OOM will receive two LET exemptions in the 2012-13 season. In addition the top four will be granted exemption to play in the LET Access series in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate