Kolkata to host first-ever Hero Women`s pro event
Kolkata: Kolkata`s Royal Calcutta Golf Club joins the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour with its first ever pro event, which will feature top ladies golfers of the country vying for a purse of Rs Three lakhs in the tenth leg of the Tour here on Tuesday.
Though Sharmila Nicollet is away playing in New Zealand in her first European Tour event since achieving her Tour card last month, the top names Simi Mehra, Neha Tripathi, Nalini Singh Siwach and Vandana Agarwal will tee off here tomorrow. Shraddhanjali Singh will also be back this week.
The event has been made possible by Aveek Sarkar and Smriti Mehra, who hails from the city and the club.
The 6,151 yards long course set up by Capt Nalin Kant has been recieved well by the players. The weather and course conditions have been perfect for golf.
The players have a lot to play for as the top two on annual Hero OOM will receive two LET exemptions in the 2012-13 season. In addition the top four will be granted exemption to play in the LET Access series in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie