Kolkata to host first-ever Hero Women`s pro event
Kolkata: Kolkata`s Royal Calcutta Golf Club joins the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour with its first ever pro event, which will feature top ladies golfers of the country vying for a purse of Rs Three lakhs in the tenth leg of the Tour here on Tuesday.
Though Sharmila Nicollet is away playing in New Zealand in her first European Tour event since achieving her Tour card last month, the top names Simi Mehra, Neha Tripathi, Nalini Singh Siwach and Vandana Agarwal will tee off here tomorrow. Shraddhanjali Singh will also be back this week.
The event has been made possible by Aveek Sarkar and Smriti Mehra, who hails from the city and the club.
The 6,151 yards long course set up by Capt Nalin Kant has been recieved well by the players. The weather and course conditions have been perfect for golf.
The players have a lot to play for as the top two on annual Hero OOM will receive two LET exemptions in the 2012-13 season. In addition the top four will be granted exemption to play in the LET Access series in Europe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic