Leading golfers to vie for top honours at Tata Open
Jamshedpur: Leading golfers of the country, including former Asian number one Jyoti Randhawa will vie for top honours at the 10th Tata Open golf tournament to begin here from Thursday.
Besides Randhawa, defending champion Ashok Kumar, Chirag Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Rashid Khan, Feroz Ali Mollah, Shamim Khan and Gaurav Ghei will take part in the five-day event, vice-president (Corporate Sevices) of Tata Steel, Sanjib Paul and captain of Jamshedpur Golf Club, B L Raina told at a press conference.
To be held at Beldih and Golmuri golf courses, the event will be organised under the aegis of Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
The tournament will be preceded by Pro-Am, which will be teed off by Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday.
The winner will take away a cash prize of Rs nine lakhs while the runners-up will be richer by Rs 7.4 lakhs. The total prize money of the meet is Rs five million.
Randhawa, who was also present on the occasion, said golf was growing fast and emerging as the second-most preferred sport other than cricket in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why