Leading golfers to vie for top honours at Tata Open
Jamshedpur: Leading golfers of the country, including former Asian number one Jyoti Randhawa will vie for top honours at the 10th Tata Open golf tournament to begin here from Thursday.
Besides Randhawa, defending champion Ashok Kumar, Chirag Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Rashid Khan, Feroz Ali Mollah, Shamim Khan and Gaurav Ghei will take part in the five-day event, vice-president (Corporate Sevices) of Tata Steel, Sanjib Paul and captain of Jamshedpur Golf Club, B L Raina told at a press conference.
To be held at Beldih and Golmuri golf courses, the event will be organised under the aegis of Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
The tournament will be preceded by Pro-Am, which will be teed off by Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday.
The winner will take away a cash prize of Rs nine lakhs while the runners-up will be richer by Rs 7.4 lakhs. The total prize money of the meet is Rs five million.
Randhawa, who was also present on the occasion, said golf was growing fast and emerging as the second-most preferred sport other than cricket in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...