Leading golfers to vie for top honours at Tata Open
Jamshedpur: Leading golfers of the country, including former Asian number one Jyoti Randhawa will vie for top honours at the 10th Tata Open golf tournament to begin here from Thursday.
Besides Randhawa, defending champion Ashok Kumar, Chirag Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, Rashid Khan, Feroz Ali Mollah, Shamim Khan and Gaurav Ghei will take part in the five-day event, vice-president (Corporate Sevices) of Tata Steel, Sanjib Paul and captain of Jamshedpur Golf Club, B L Raina told at a press conference.
To be held at Beldih and Golmuri golf courses, the event will be organised under the aegis of Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
The tournament will be preceded by Pro-Am, which will be teed off by Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday.
The winner will take away a cash prize of Rs nine lakhs while the runners-up will be richer by Rs 7.4 lakhs. The total prize money of the meet is Rs five million.
Randhawa, who was also present on the occasion, said golf was growing fast and emerging as the second-most preferred sport other than cricket in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling