Sharmila finishes 36th at South African Open
Durban: Sharmila Nicollet had an eventful weekend as she played rounds of 75 and 78 to finish tied 36th at the South African Women`s Open in what was only the second cut she made this season on the Ladies European Tour.
It was a tough final day with winds hitting the Selbourne Golf Club. At its strongest, the wind raged at 81km/h and forced a one-hour delay of the tee-off time.
Germany`s Caroline Masson was remarkably composed as she beat the field and the conditions to claim her maiden victory on the Ladies European Tour.
Sharmila, who was hit by poor form and injuries, had a first round of 75 and then on second day, she struck five birdies, all on the front nine.
She also had six bogeys and one double bogey. Four bogeys and a double bogey came on the back-nine.
In the final round, Sharmila sank in four birdies, six bogeys and two double bogeys in her 78 that saw her drop to 36th.
Smriti Mehra, who also made the cut, was tied 62nd with rounds of 80, 79 and 80.
Winner Masson closed with a bogey-free 70 to win on one-under 215, a stroke clear of South Africa`s Lee-Anne Pace and England`s Danielle Montgomery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player