Sharmila, Smriti miss the cut
Brezno (Slovakia): India`s Sharmila Nicollet and Smriti Mehra missed the halfway cut and exited early at the Allianz Ladies Slovak Open on the Ladies European Tour.
Nicollet, who had a first round 80 followed that up with a 78 while Smriti, with a 81 in first round had another identical 81 to miss the weekend action by a long margin at the Gray Bear Golf Course (par 72).
English golfer of Indian origin Kiran Matharu (75-74) and Sahra Hassan (75-74), who represents Wales, made the cut in tied 54th place.
Line Vedel of Denmark and Finland`s Jenni Kuosa carded a pair of 69s to share the second-round lead. The pair finished with a two-round total of 140, four under par, one shot ahead of three others.
England`s Trish Johnson shares third place with Australian Rachel Bailey and Jessica Yadloczky of the United States.
After heavy rain and thunder storms the course played a lot longer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials