Sharmila, Smriti miss the cut
Brezno (Slovakia): India`s Sharmila Nicollet and Smriti Mehra missed the halfway cut and exited early at the Allianz Ladies Slovak Open on the Ladies European Tour.
Nicollet, who had a first round 80 followed that up with a 78 while Smriti, with a 81 in first round had another identical 81 to miss the weekend action by a long margin at the Gray Bear Golf Course (par 72).
English golfer of Indian origin Kiran Matharu (75-74) and Sahra Hassan (75-74), who represents Wales, made the cut in tied 54th place.
Line Vedel of Denmark and Finland`s Jenni Kuosa carded a pair of 69s to share the second-round lead. The pair finished with a two-round total of 140, four under par, one shot ahead of three others.
England`s Trish Johnson shares third place with Australian Rachel Bailey and Jessica Yadloczky of the United States.
After heavy rain and thunder storms the course played a lot longer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof