Siddikur Rahman wins Bangalore Open golf
Bangalore: Overnight leader Mohd Siddikur Rahman of Bangladesh bagged his third title on the PGTI tour, turning in a one-under 71 to win the Bangalore Open by one stroke here on Saturday.
Siddikur totaled eight-under 280 for the week. He has now climbed from 20th to seventh spot on the PGTI Order of Merit. Ranjit Singh was second with a total of seven-under 281.
“I’m very pleased with my performance this week as I played really well on all four days of the event. I was consistent and did not let pressure build on myself even on the final day,” 24-year-old Siddikur said.
Ranjit made four birdies against three bogeys on the final day to finish one stroke behind Siddikur in second place.
Anirban Lahiri (71) secured the third place with a total of five-under 283. Bangalore’s C Muniyappa was a further stroke behind in fourth place.
Delhi’s Shamim Khan finished fifth at two under 286.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress