Slow start by Jeev Milkha in Japan
Sodegaura (Japan): Ace Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh, playing only his fourth event of the season in Japan, carded a disappointing three-over 74 to lie precariously at the end of the first day of the Bridgestone Open 2013.
Jeev, who has been hit by injuries through the season, is lying tied 66th and will need a strong second round to make the midway cut.
Meanwhile, champion of the past two years Toru Taniguchi, who has won the event three times overall, once again took the lead with a four-under 67. He shared the lead with Korean Kim Sung-yoon.
Terumichi Kakazu, Yosuke Asaji and Daisuke Maruyama shared the third place with cards of 68 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog