Taiwan`s Lin takes lead in Indonesia
Jakarta: Taiwan`s Lin Wen-tang fired a sparkling eight-under-par 64 to take the second round clubhouse lead in the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters on Friday.
Rising French star Victor Dubuisson, the highest ranked player in the $750,000 Asian Tour event at 23 in the world, improved from a disappointing first round with a three-under-par 69 but still trailed the leading pack.
Lin, a six-time Asian Tour winner, is the man to catch when play resumes Saturday. He marked his card with nine birdies against one lone bogey to take the lead with a two-day total of 10-under-par 134.
Bad weather brought a halt to the day`s action at 5:00 pm and 19 players will now have to return to the Royale Jakarta Golf Club to resume their round early Saturday.
Australian rookie Cameron Smith continued to impress in what is only his second start on the Asian Tour by carding a 67 to trail Lin by one. Nicholas Fung battled to a 69 to share third place with Thailand`s Chapchai Nirat.
Lin was forced to withdraw from an event in Malaysia last week because of heat and fatigue. But having taken a break, the 40-year-old bounced back.
"I wasn`t feeling very well coming to this week. I had to withdraw from the tournament in Malaysia last week because the weather was just too hot," he said, according to an Asian Tour press release.
But he said he felt better after resting and added: "I guess I had an advantage today because the weather was cooler when I started in the morning."
Dubuisson had a two-day total of one-under-par 143 and was in joint 38th place.
Leading scores after round two of the CIMB Niaga Indonesian Masters (par 72):
134 - Lin Wen-tang (TPE) 70-64
135 - Cameron Smith (AUS) 68-67
136 - Chapchai Nirat (THA) 68-68, Nicholas Fung (MAS) 67-69
137 - S.S.P Chowrasia (IND) 71-66
138 - Jazz Janewattananond (THA) 68-70, Chan Kim (USA) 69-69
143 - Victor Dubuisson(FRA) 74-69, Thongchai Jaidee (THA) 71-72
144 - Arjun Atwal (IND) 70-74
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you