Olympic qualifiers: Easy win for France
Nishad Vellur/Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: France struggled a bit in the start but came back into the game soon to post a comfortable 3-0 win against a lowly Italy on Wednesday in the FIH Olympic Qualifier.
France, who missed a number of chances in the Italian circle in the first half, opened the scoring through captain Arnaud Becuwe in the 43rd minute. It was followed by a goal from Martin Genestet in the 52nd and completed the proceedings in the 57Th minute through Frederic.
Goals galore in Singapore-Poland men’s tie
New Delhi: Goals galore in the Singapore-Poland men’s tie as the latter scored 11 goals to 3 in FIH Olympic Qualifier at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on Wednesday.
Poland took time to find rhythm in the first half, which was evident from the 3-0 scoreline at the end of the hooter. Szymon Oszyjczyk scored three goals in the match – first one in the ninth minute. Waldemar Rataj also found the target three times and was adjudged player of the match.
Other results (Women): Italy beat Ukraine 2 – 1, Canada beat Poland (1-0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan