Olympic qualifiers: Easy win for France
Nishad Vellur/Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: France struggled a bit in the start but came back into the game soon to post a comfortable 3-0 win against a lowly Italy on Wednesday in the FIH Olympic Qualifier.
France, who missed a number of chances in the Italian circle in the first half, opened the scoring through captain Arnaud Becuwe in the 43rd minute. It was followed by a goal from Martin Genestet in the 52nd and completed the proceedings in the 57Th minute through Frederic.
Goals galore in Singapore-Poland men’s tie
New Delhi: Goals galore in the Singapore-Poland men’s tie as the latter scored 11 goals to 3 in FIH Olympic Qualifier at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on Wednesday.
Poland took time to find rhythm in the first half, which was evident from the 3-0 scoreline at the end of the hooter. Szymon Oszyjczyk scored three goals in the match – first one in the ninth minute. Waldemar Rataj also found the target three times and was adjudged player of the match.
Other results (Women): Italy beat Ukraine 2 – 1, Canada beat Poland (1-0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today