Olympic qualifiers: Easy win for France
Nishad Vellur/Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: France struggled a bit in the start but came back into the game soon to post a comfortable 3-0 win against a lowly Italy on Wednesday in the FIH Olympic Qualifier.
France, who missed a number of chances in the Italian circle in the first half, opened the scoring through captain Arnaud Becuwe in the 43rd minute. It was followed by a goal from Martin Genestet in the 52nd and completed the proceedings in the 57Th minute through Frederic.
Goals galore in Singapore-Poland men’s tie
New Delhi: Goals galore in the Singapore-Poland men’s tie as the latter scored 11 goals to 3 in FIH Olympic Qualifier at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on Wednesday.
Poland took time to find rhythm in the first half, which was evident from the 3-0 scoreline at the end of the hooter. Szymon Oszyjczyk scored three goals in the match – first one in the ninth minute. Waldemar Rataj also found the target three times and was adjudged player of the match.
Other results (Women): Italy beat Ukraine 2 – 1, Canada beat Poland (1-0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price