Olympic qualifiers: Easy win for France
Nishad Vellur/Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: France struggled a bit in the start but came back into the game soon to post a comfortable 3-0 win against a lowly Italy on Wednesday in the FIH Olympic Qualifier.
France, who missed a number of chances in the Italian circle in the first half, opened the scoring through captain Arnaud Becuwe in the 43rd minute. It was followed by a goal from Martin Genestet in the 52nd and completed the proceedings in the 57Th minute through Frederic.
Goals galore in Singapore-Poland men’s tie
New Delhi: Goals galore in the Singapore-Poland men’s tie as the latter scored 11 goals to 3 in FIH Olympic Qualifier at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on Wednesday.
Poland took time to find rhythm in the first half, which was evident from the 3-0 scoreline at the end of the hooter. Szymon Oszyjczyk scored three goals in the match – first one in the ninth minute. Waldemar Rataj also found the target three times and was adjudged player of the match.
Other results (Women): Italy beat Ukraine 2 – 1, Canada beat Poland (1-0).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar