IPL spot-fixing: Ajit Chandila sent to 3-day police custody
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Cricketer Ajit Chandila was sent to 3-day police custody by Delhi court on Monday for interrogation under provisions of MCOCA in IPL spot-fixing case.
On Friday, the Special Cell of Delhi Police had opposed Chandila’s bail plea saying he was a "key conspirator" in the entire case and was acting at the behest of a syndicate run by gangster Dawood Ibrahim.
Delhi Police May 16 arrested three Rajasthan Royals players - S. Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan on spot fixing charges. 25 others were subsequently arrested.
More to follow...
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you