Alonso gains pole for German Grand Prix
Hockenheim, Germany: Championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari set the fastest lap in wet conditions to secure pole position for Sunday`s German Grand Prix.
The Spaniard edged two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Germany and his Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber of Australia.
Michael Schumacher of Germany was fourth in a Mercedes during qualifying on Saturday.
Alonso has a 13-point lead over Webber heading into the 10th of 20 races this season and is looking for his third win of the season after victories in the Malaysian and European grands prix.
Nico Hulkenberg of Germany was fifth in his Force India and Pastor Maldonado came in sixth in his Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt