Alonso gains pole for German Grand Prix
Hockenheim, Germany: Championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari set the fastest lap in wet conditions to secure pole position for Sunday`s German Grand Prix.
The Spaniard edged two-time defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Germany and his Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber of Australia.
Michael Schumacher of Germany was fourth in a Mercedes during qualifying on Saturday.
Alonso has a 13-point lead over Webber heading into the 10th of 20 races this season and is looking for his third win of the season after victories in the Malaysian and European grands prix.
Nico Hulkenberg of Germany was fifth in his Force India and Pastor Maldonado came in sixth in his Williams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender