Alonso takes pole for Singapore GP
Singapore: Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso has taken the pole position for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Alonso took his second straight Formula One pole, beating out Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel on the Marina Bay circuit Saturday.
The McLaren pair of Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button qualified third and fourth, ahead of Red Bull`s Mark Webber, giving the top five drivers in the championship standings the top five spots on the grid in Sunday`s race.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa will start from last on the grid after his car had a gearbox problem before he could set a time in the first qualifying session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate