Armaan becomes first Asian to grab podium finish at FIA C`ship
New Delhi: Armaan Ebrahim on Saturday became the
first Asian ever to finish on the podium in an FIA Formula 2
Championship held in Valencia.
After the two official practice sessions which were not
too encouraging, Armaan worked long hours with his engineers
and found a good balance for the qualifying session.
Prior to putting on new tyres, Armaan was lying in 8th
position and with 10 minutes to go in the session, he pulled
off two really quick laps to qualify third on the grid.
He could have finished better, but on his second flying
lap, Armaan caught a bit of traffic and that cost him 2 tenths
of a second.
"Finally. It was always there race in and race out, but
something always fell out and it never happened. After long
deliberations last night, I made up my mind that this was it
and this was going to be a podium though testing did not go
"Qualifying was good and I had a good car. We managed to
do everything right and I got my quicker laps in the right
band and though P2 was on the cards, we hit some traffic on my
final quick lap and that was it. P3 was really moral boosting
and it was now up to me to convert the same in the race,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'